Monologue: the lost son

Tuesday, August 23, 2011


Did you ever get tired of your day to day boring life?
You know, I do.. I should say that I did.
Conventional wisdom said that when your mother and father died
They will give you the things they have left and in inheritance

But it wasn’t good enough for me so I decided to do something about it.
So one day i walk right into my dad and say I want what’s coming to me right now. He managed all the things needed then I get my money already so I packed my things up and I’m ready to go.

I say goodbye to that boring place.
My journey starts there. I lived in a wonderful city and I’m living my life like a king, I got lots of friends, I have the finest clothes and the ladies, what can you say about the ladies?

Life was GOOD!
It was good until my money ran out the same time a recession hit the country.
There’s no work to be found, I tried to find, lot’s of time I failed but I never stop Until I found one, and it was a manager’s position. Okay.
It was an associate position. ahmnm.. Okay I was a bacon preparation assistant This means I fed pigs. I hated that job. I didn’t pay much. I didn’t have enough
Money for a place to live. I can’t even eat at the right time.
Sometimes I was so hungry I attempt to eat the food the pigs eat.

It was then I came up with my sense.
I realize how rich my father was and his slaves have more money than me.
I quit my job and decided to go back home. I’ll just repent to him and ask him if he could hire me as a helper.

From afar I saw my dad looking in my direction, he stood up and he scolds his eyes to have a better look on me. That makes me think. What if he doesn’t take me back?
I knew it was a bad idea, I knew that I should have done this.

So I just stopped and I can’t move. And the next thing that happened he jump!
I never saw him that excited before. He was excited about me.
Then he runs. He runs after me. Do you know what I did next? I run.

He was running to me with arms wide open shouting “welcome home, welcome home.” He was crying. Then I jump over him, I was excited and I don’t know what to do so I literally jump over him. Do you know what he did next? Well, he falls back.

And then, He hugged me, he embraced me.
I looked into his eyes and say forgive me Father 
for walking out that door but before I can say anything more he said hush “I’m just glad to know that you come home, back in my arms when you’re safe from harm”




-that was my Monologue Piece. it was our quiz 2 in Englo3.
at first i'm not sure if its a monologue. hahaha! good thing it was.
and its my first monologue play evur!

Monologue is like a Dialogue but unlike dialogue monologue has only 1 actor/actress. gets? 
hahaha! here my wiki search:

monologue (or monolog) is when the character may be speaking his or her thoughts aloud, directly addressing another character, or speaking to the audience, especially the former. Monologues are common across the range of dramatic media (playsfilmsanimation, etc.). 

the first part of this monologue piece is from the skit guys: prodigal son.
but it was a dialogue, so i do some editing and put own words to the script so i can easily remember what will be the next word.

and the last part, is from the song Home by Gary V.
iLove that song. it always makes me cry specially the bridge.




Live
Love
Forgive
Never Give Up

•Show Me•Grow Me•Hold Me•

I am God's Original Masterpiece.
I am God's Workmanship.
I am belong to God
iBLoG
i Believe Love and Obey GOD.
sëbäjïsökä.029

►o.O

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Google+ Badge

Followers