I gave blood

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I gave blood, Christ gave His
I gave a pint, He gave it all

The Needle is Small and Sharp
The Nails were Large and Dull

The Cot is Soft and Restful
The Cross is Rough and Hard

[Thoughts of a blood donor| Philippine General Hospital | Blood Bank]

Today, I went to Philippine General Hospital to donate blood for a churchmate, He needs prayer, He's suffering leukemia, stage 4 and he's only 6 years old. this young boy needs a miracle, nurses and doctors say that they can only add days, months or few years in his life BUT the VOICE of TRUTH tells a different story. we know and we believe that God has a plan for his life, that it will be a testimony of faith and healing. we look forward that he will have a family and he will become a pastor. only God can tell.

Its my first time to donate blood, I just wanted to share this:

at 6am, I'm at PGH ready to donate blood, too bad I don't have an ID, its either I have to go home and get my ID and go back or I'll just stay home. I need God's favor, we utter simple words of faith, the guard suggested the police clearance which is nearby, I went there and pass all the requirement needed. I have my police clearance, which is valid up to 6 months.

I went back to the hospital for the interview. its quite fun to answer their questions, about   HIV and pakikipagtalik kase yung iba, lalake sa lalake at babae sa babae, tapos prostitute daw. anyway, after that, its time for blood pressure. and I'm on nerve, baka kase high blood ako. I don't know where I get that worry thinking but I proved something.. that worrying is like a rocking chair, it will give you something to do but it won't take you anywhere.

next is the blood testing result, I'm worried about the findings. good thing there's none. and my last worry is, the SYRINGE, it might be hurtful. I really don't know where I get this thinking, matapang ako sa syringe e. I don't know. I thank God for this moment.

while I'm lying on the cot, I saw this board with this message:

Thoughts of a Blood Donor


I gave blood, Christ gave His
I gave a pint, He gave it all

The Needle is Small and Sharp
The Nails were Large and Dull

The Cot is Soft and Restful
The Cross is Rough and Hard

I really didn't expect those words from the place but somehow, it empowers me.
It might be painful and scary but it might save a life, so i gave it anyway.

use it Lord as an instrument to bless others.
It might be my first time to donate, I tell you, I have this joy in my heart. 

Live
Love
Forgive 
Never Give Up

//sebajisoka

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Google+ Badge

Followers