2 Slices of Pizza

Friday, September 27, 2013

what does it mean when we say.. with all my heart?
Is it the full attention and might?
but how can we say that we're doing it with all our hearts?

here's the philosophical situation of mine, can I share this with you?! 
hmm. here it goes..

what If you're eating dinner with your family and friends..
can you say "I'm eating with all of my heart"? all your attention and might and everything is on 'eating', right? but you are with your  family and friends, which is your love ones
and that divides it. There's the love with your family and friends and there's the love for your 'food/eating'.

so, how can you say that you're eating with all your heart?
It contradicts everything.

I remember a verse in the bible that talks about the sum total of the Law (the 10 commandments ) it says that "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself."

The greatest question for me is how can we love God? 
How to love God? Let me tell you some things that I usually think about. 
They say being a Christian is not easy. It's hard. Neeeh! Christianity, honestly speaking, is IMPOSSIBLE! why? Because it requires our all. 
It requires perfection.

Just so you know. All = Everything. Perfect = Complete. 

Why? Because God is Holy. He is Perfect. He is separated. Apart from us. that's it. God is Holy, perfect, separated, apart from us. and in order to go before Him must follow His commands. but we're sinners. No one among us can stand before God. No one.

Although Christianity require our ALL. Our PERFECTION which no human being can accomplish. Jesus came. to the rescue. to rescue us.
He gave everything. He lived Perfectly. 

and there comes Grace. 
The ever beautiful exchange.
His PERFECTION to our IMPERFECTION.
our IMPERFECTION to His PERFECTION.

that's why He suffered so much on the way to the cross and to the cross.
that 'exchange' will only happen through our faith in Him.

and about the all our heart thing? This is what I believe in.
Our heart is divided to different section. Let me put it this way.

imagine a pizza. a big rounded pizza. your dad bought it for your family.
So, to be fair. He cuts it into 8 slices, since there's four of you in the family.
2 for your Mom, 2 for your Dad, 2 for you and 2 for your sibling. 8 slices in total.

Just like our hearts, there's a section for your family, friends, love of your life, passion, God, etc.. I hope you're getting my point here.
when you say I love my family with all of my heart. You're giving them the 2 slices that's set apart for them.
when you say I love my friends with all of my heart. You're giving them the 2 slices that's set apart for them.
when you say I love my food/eating with all of my heart. You're giving the 2 slices that's set apart for food.

for in our hearts, there's a slice just made for them and you will always find a way to give that 2 slices to them.

I hope I make sense. somehow. 



//WithAllMyHeart
//sebajisoka

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Google+ Badge

Followers