Into Your Gravity: Gravity

Monday, October 20, 2014

I first heard the song on X-Factor USA as a Finals pick of Alex and Sierra, which was introduced to me by my officemate. I fell in love with the song, and the arrangement, the melody and the lyrics. Sara Bareilles sung this originally and here goes the lyrics:

♫Something always brings me back to you.
It never takes too long.
No matter what I say or do I'll still feel you here
'till the moment I'm gone.

You hold me without touch.
You keep me without chains.
I never wanted anything so much than to drown in your love
And not feel your rain.

Set me free, leave me be.
I don't want to fall another moment into your gravity.
Here I am and I stand so tall, just the way I'm supposed to be.
But you're on to me and all over me.

You loved me 'cause I'm fragile.
When I thought that I was strong.
But you touch me for a little while
And all my fragile strength is gone.

Set me free, leave me be.
I don't want to fall another moment into your gravity.
Here I am and I stand so tall, just the way I'm supposed to be.
But you're on to me and all over me.

I live here on my knees as I try to make you see
That you're everything I think I need here on the ground.
But you're neither friend nor foe though I can't seem to let you go.
The one thing that I still know is that you're keeping me down,
You're keeping me down
Something always brings me back to you,
It never takes too long♫

 ______________________________________




It's a dramatic song with such emotion on the instruments and not to mention the quality of her voice, and honestly, I don't have any idea how will I connect this to the situation I'm into. Or maybe I knew.

The moment that she expressed her somehow 'feelings' for me, I get addicted to it and I want to be free of it. I don't know if you'll relate to this, but It feels wonderful that I can't contain it, I don't deserve that thing and I'm getting it. Making sense?

Uhm. What I love about the song is this line:
I don't want to fall another moment into your gravity.

but neh. Mine goes like this
I always want to fall another moment into your gravity.

I want to get in touch, to be always near you. To fall always into your gravity.
It's contradicting isn't? I put a song that contradicts to what I'm going to say. Am I playing with gravity? 

Well, I love this song. It reminds me of you, somehow, and when you ask me why, It's simply because you're on to me and all over me.


//Gravity
//GottaFindYou
//OnTheSideofMe
//JustSoYouKnow
//LastFirstKiss
//Statue
//MyKindofPerfect
//IntoYourGravity
//sebajisoka

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Google+ Badge

Followers