Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Burnin' Up

January 18, 2019

According to legend, our home was a 2-story structure but the 2nd floor was burned down by a fire. It was sad and scary. Today, we almost lose the 1st floor. 

It was nerve-wrecking.

Here's what happened. Me and my family were teasing and discussing about different things when suddenly, we heard a sparkle, from what I hear, it's 2 cats fighting over something, then suddenly, the fan that we're using was turned off. 

My brother, Israel, went to the living room to check what's happening. I stayed calm as I don't see or anticipate any danger. Then I heard him shout repeatedly "Sunog", then, my mom and I immediately rush to the living room to check and a fire from our electric switch welcomed us. 

I didn't know what to do. I was afraid that it might consume our whole house. 

I tried to pick up a drum of water and bring it next to the burning switch for a quick access to the water, but since it's an electric switch, pouring water might not be the best idea, so I waited for the go signal on what to do. 

My mom rushed in and out trying to bring as much as she can, my little brother, Egypt picked up the dogs for safety. My dad ran outside to call the firefighters. While waiting for help, my brother and I tried to pick up our valuables, the gadgets and some other things. I didn't bring much as I'm hoping that it will die out. 

We were shouting at each other as we give instructions for each other. People starts gathering outside our house. There are kind-hearted people that provides help, they went in and check what's wrong, we're assisting each other just to kill and prevent the fire from spreading. An old man also gave us a hand by providing a long water host that we can attach to the faucet. 




It's hard to look at it. I don't want to lose a home. 

After back and fort, the fire went from a chair-sized fire to a candle light fire. Someone helped us by cutting the wires so it won't spread through it. The firefighters took the Switch so they can analyze it and find out what happened.


It was fast-paced action. I managed to go to work though but I have never imagined myself in such situation, I never thought that losing our home, my family, my everything can be this frightening.



I was writing this piece few months back and I'm can't help myself but to tear a little. This is traumatizing. 

The good thing is God didn't let this slipped through. 

//BurninUp
//sebajisoka

No comments: