Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2022

How Cells at Work! build up my faith in God | Anime Reviews





Episodes: 34 (Cells at Work!: 13, Cells at Work!!: 8, Cells at Work: Code Black:13)
Genre: Action, Comedy, Sci-Fi, Shounen
Theme: Medical, Educational, Anthropomorphic
Rating: ★★★★★★★★☆☆

This is probably one of the unique animes that I've watched so far. We are talking about cells. As in, Cells inside our body. We are instantly introduced to the Red Blood Cell and White Blood Cell. It's cool that the anime does not really have a specific goal, we are just watching the cells go by their day, and just doing their jobs.The world-building is already given as they are inside the body.

The anime has a lot of technical terms and it can get confusing if you're not a medical professional or you are not passionate about these. The great thing about this is they always remind viewers of these terms. I'm assuming that the creator of the show does not really want us to watch the anime for the story, but they want us to learn about how our body works. 

Sometimes it may feel like you're in a class, especially when they introduce new characters, enemies, or situations. It's interesting since as far as I know, it is accurate as it can be. those terms and roles are based on real-life scientific definitions. 

It's great that they animate the roles of cells to educate people on how our body works. I really like the part where the cells are being assisted by our medical procedures such as blood transfusion, medicines, and vaccines. 

This is an amazing anime and I highly recommend it, it is a well-thought of anime. 

Now, let's talk about the spin-off. Cells at Work: Code Black. 

Code Black is an insane version where everything appears to not end up well. This is a dark version of the original series and it does not shy away from topics such as alcohol and cigarettes, ejaculation, and even STDs.

I like this better than the original, but I believe that in order to appreciate this version, you need to go through the first series. 

I love how they incorporate real-life elements into the anime. How they have their own control tower, community, workplace, and even government at some point. We are really unsure of what will happen next, which is relly exciting. 

My takeaway:

I love animes that has genuine purpose. This is one of the best example, Cells at Work make us appreciate the cells inside our bodies, how they work hard in doing their parts in order for us to stay alive and function properly. They make us understand their jobs, their daily tasks and their struggles.

It make me conscious, and other watchers (base on disqus comment sections), about my health and habits. The show explicitly showed us the effect of alcohol, fats and the too much consumption of anything. Even exercise. 

Believe it or not, this show might be my savior in changing my eating habits. I learned a lot. I might not remember those terminologies but it is enough to make a, even just a little change on someone's life.

Most of all, Cells at Work series, builds up my faith in God. 

How?

The complexity of this body is an evidence of a higher being. It is just impossible for me to grasp that we are just an accident. That no one create all of this, understanding the functions of our bodies in a cellular level made me feel uncomfortable. 

Everything in my body is well thought of. Every corner is specially made. We are beautifully made. No one can tell me that no one made all of this. 

I'm usually in awe of God's creation through the universe, trying to grasp how massive the earth, the planets and the universe is. Or in nature, how green those fields, how breath-taking those animals. 

Now, I will be pertaining about the human body to tell and share how God, how amazing God is by just looking and understanding our bodies. 


//CellsAtWork
//sebajisoka

No comments: