Pages

Monday, June 24, 2024

Serial Experiments Lain





Serial Experiments Lain
13 Episodes
Date aired:  Jul 6, 1998 to Sep 28, 1998
Duration: 23 mins
Genres:  Avant Garde, Award Winning, Drama, Mystery, Sci-Fi, Supernatural, Suspense, Psychological
Rating: ★★★★★★☆☆☆☆

Judging from the poster, you know it will give you some creepy vibes. So, I did not watch it. Until recently, I didn't know what to watch and I needed an anime for a quick watch. 

When I started the anime, it really had a creepy vibe. While the start is pretty slow, I made it to episode 4 while understanding nothing. Slowly, the happening started to make sense. 

We follow the life of Lain. A pretty strange girl. But pretty normal. Until she and her classmates received an email from their recently deceased schoolmate. 

Apparently, it's from the Wired. A cyberspace where people connect with each other. The show was released in 1998. It's mind-blowing that this series existed back then. Somewhat predicting the future. 

It's a good watch if you're into mystery, psychological shows. The animation could be better but it's perfect for shows like these. 

If you aren't remembered, you never existed

//sebajisoka

No comments: