Pages

Monday, January 4, 2021

Pivoting

I watched a vlog of a massive YouTuber the other day, he doesn't have much viewership as of this day but his words are pretty inspiring to me. 

He said that he's trying to explore other opportunities other than YouTube. He's looking for a similar field. But what struck me the most when he said that he's not giving up on video or content creation. He's just pivoting.

Pivoting, what an interesting word that he linked to giving up. He believes that trying a different platform is not giving up, it's pivoting. 

You take your experience, your learnings from your previous platform and bring it to your new field, which gives you somewhat of an advantage or makes you unique in the area. 

Why is this relevant to me, you ask?

Well, around 12 years ago, I was introduced to Photoshop. Me and my classmate tried to work on our improvement by manipulating photos. This is way before those filters and auto-editing apps.

So, below are my try-hard attempt at the graphic design from the early days:

This is for a competition for Drama Club in our college. 

A campaign profile picture for a presidential candidate.


Campaign for my favorite team.


A glimpse of my @versenchorus Instagram page.

A somehow glimpse of @myartdump.psd Instagram page.

One of my favorite photos in the early days

Amazing shot by my friend and I added some texture and colors

This is the time where I started experimenting with photoshop. This is when I fell in love with blending layers

The Halloween specials

Somehow, I got a lost interest in manipulation, so I just working on some black and white styles

Album cover art or something?

Yes, I also do some projects for my friends and love ones.

Including this compilation of photos from our youth group.

I think this is for my blogger page. 

Due to photo improvements hype. I also got in somehow. 

I still love editing photos, but I have found some new hobby or passion. This is from my @versenchorus Instagram: 








While this is from my @myartdump.psd page. 







This is my pivot story. From photo manipulation to enhancement to creating some basic fan artwork and lyric designs. 

//Pivoting
//sebajisoka

No comments: