Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2022

Mob Psycho 100 is indeed.. Psycho. | Anime Reviews


Mob Psycho 100: 12 Episodes
Mob Psycho 100 II: 13 Episodes
Duration: 24 min/ep
Genre: Action, Comedy, Slice of Life, Supernatural
Theme: Super Power, Psychological
Rating: ★★★★★★★★★☆

Pilot episode thoughts


This show reminds me a lot of One Punch Man due to power level and Jujutsu Kaisen for the villain concept. This hilarious. Apparently, they have the same creator. Nice.

We found our protagonist Mob, who is working for his boss in a psychic business. And yet,  Arataka Reigen is a master con artist, scamming our boy with hundreds and lying about his skills. 

The animation is nice and I really like the art style. I'm not yet invested in this one but I will truly wait for that specific episode that will make the turnaround. 

“I don’t want to see anyone else hurting people, or anyone else getting hurt.” – Shigeo Kageyama

Full review

This is actually funny. This is somehow really fun to watch. We got a simple guy who does not want to use his special powers and just humbly doing day-to-day life and the typical that middle schoolers wish, is to be accepted and to be popular.

Apparently, the world is crazy and we have these gangs and scammers all over us. Our protagonist unleashed this unknown power maximizing it to 100 percent, thus, the title. 

I love the outline, the show is easy to follow, with smooth world-building, and has fun characters. It's easy to get hooked on the show. The animation is unexpectedly massive. The fight scenes are top-notched, they combine different art styles for our pleasure. It's really good! 

The climax of the first season definitely has some influence on One Punch Man.

Season 2 starts really nice, heartbreaking, and then, heartwarming. Unlike the first season, this 2nd installment appears to be focusing on the slice-of-life part, which is really nice. We got full action in the first season, we deserve this second one!

The anime showcases being different, being bullied, and being weak. We encountered triggers to one's change of perspective and way of life. 

I like how they tell a story revolving about being dependent and independent. I really like the touch of it. 

The character development for the side characters is crisp, this is not something that I expected. I generally thought that this is just an overpowered protagonist going through life in comedy, but nahh. This is actually good writing, how? They show different kinds of emotions as they develop the story. I become invested in no time. It's heartwarming. A pretty hard hit, it's beautiful. 
“You cannot solve all problems with your kindness. Sometimes, you need to be strict to others.” – Keiji Mogami

The Finale

This is a mess, everything in sight. All mess, but the unleashing of powers on both ends is massive and beautifully created. Literal flashing colors all around, a wonderful sight of a deeper meaning. 

I did not expect anything for the finale, but the ending is wholesomely nice. I love it. 

The biggest distinguishing feature of humans is how rich and varied their emotions are. These emotions are the reason they thrive and also the reason they fight. - Mogami Keiji
My takeaway

This show highlights different situations a typical student will encounter. What I like about this is, how the protagonist views the world around him. He's innocent and does not really go with the usual reaction. He has massive powers but does not use them as an advantage when certain situations arise.

I realized that the power that we want may highlight the deepest desire of our life.

If we want to read minds, it's a hint that we care too much about what other people think about us.
If we want to time travel, it's a hint that we want to change something in the past.
If we want to fly, it's a hint that we want to fly. 🤣
I made the decision to consider my feelings more. And you need to pick up things you feel are important. - Shigeo Kageyama
Big question!

If you found out that you have a supernatural skill or power, what will it be and how would you use it? 

//MobPsycho100
//sebajisoka

No comments: