It's been an amazing ride. At the start of the season, nobody would have thought that the Celtics will push the Warriors to a 6-game finals match-up.
We started with an embarrassing 19-21 record, but then the energy has been shifted, and finished the season with 32-10 and the 2nd best record in the east. Beating the favorites in the playoffs and completing the East revenge tour:
KD, Kyrie, and the Brooklyn Nets.
Giannis and The Milwaukee Bucks.
Butler and the Miami Heat.
Eastern Conference Champion and first NBA Finals appearance since 2010 with the big 3 of Pierce, KG, and Allen.
There are lots of moving pieces since the elimination from the last year's playoffs.
President of Basketball operation Danny Ainge (Trader Danny) retired.
Brad Stevens, the Celtics coach has been promoted and taking the open spot for the President of the Basketball operation
Hired the former assistant coach of Spurs, 76ers, and Nets Ime Udoka
Traded Kemba Walker to OKC Thunder for Al Horford - a huge piece in this Celtics Playoff run.
Traded Josh Richardson and a first-round pick to San Antonio for Derrick White.
Sent G Romeo Langford to San Antonio.
Acquired Daniel Theis from Houston through Dennis Schroder
All of these are important pieces for this incredible run.
The future is still bright. We have a young core of
Jayson Tatum: 24 years old
Jaylen Brown: 25 years old
Marcus Smart: 28 years old
Robert Willaims III: 24 years old
This team will definitely improve. I bet free agents will definitely consider the Celtics this offseason. I want to see Bradley Beal play with the Jays without giving up too much.
I'm sad and disappointed that we did not win the championship this year but I'm still hopeful for the future.
This playoff run has been emotional for me for many reasons. Aside from the stats I've listed above, I'm invested in this team. I'm faithful and loyal during those crunches, I became a fan a decade ago and they are the team that I'm rooting for.
I still remember how sad I am that the Celtics traded Pierce and KG away. I love those 2 players and I enjoyed watching them even playing for other teams, but my heart, for some reason is still on the Celtics. They were rebuilding, it was fun and exciting, we have several players.
I can still remember when we drafted Smart and hired Stevens as the coach. It went uphill since then, we had Gerald Wallace, Jeff Green, Jonas Jerebko, Brandon Bass, and a bunch of random players on the roster.
Then, we had Isaiah Thomas, we had Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward, and we had Kemba Walker. From those teams to this team, we have come a long way.
This team has reached the East Conference Finals 4 times in 6 years. Lost several times due to some injuries. Those were heartbreaking. Every loss is heartbreaking.
I've rooted for this team for a long time and watched almost all the games of the season. That's why I took offense when some bandwagon started talking against this team. Well, it's hard to root for a losing team and it's way easier to root for the winning team, right?
I took pride in this loyalty and apparently, this is not the same for everyone. Especially if you're a Lakers fan rooting for who's winning right now, or someone who rooted for a different team and suddenly became a warriors fan since 2015.
I'm sorry but this is a complete joke to me. I admire Steph Curry, he's that good and fun to watch, It's always hard to root against him, to be honest, but it is what it is. They are the champ and we will carry on this burden until the next playoffs, hoping to be better and a champ.
//Celtics
//sebajisoka








No comments:
Post a Comment