Pages

Monday, January 2, 2023

Anime 2022

I'm turning into an Otaku and I'm not even mad. So, for this year, I will be including the list of Anime that I've watched this year. In order of watch and I'll include some comments and probably my own "Of the year" awards.

Anime of the year

It's hard to pick an anime of the year as I watched most of the top rated anime in 2022. I picked Steins;Gate due to their version of time travel, how they tell the story and the complexity of the plot. This might not be on the top of the other people's list but this is definetely a must-watch. 

Best Animation

How can you compete with Demon Slayer's animation? The fight scene in the fire is one of the best and crisp anime sequences when it comes to the animation. The color choices, the massive scale of each fight is mind-blowing.

Best Score: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Among other animes that I've watched this year, the opening and closing song for Fullmetal is the most memorable. Probably one of the best - all time.

Best Romance: 
A different take on romance anime. Kaguya-sama is a hilarious take on romance. The author of this take the romance genre on a different level. What a genious. If you haven't watch this yet. You should!!! 

Best Drama:

This might not be for everyone. But this anime made me cry in each arc. Perfect build up for a perfect storyline. You'll fall in love with the characters, they feel like real life people as you watch their journey together. This is a must-watch and this is more than just an anime, it's an experience.

Best Action:
You've probably heard of this already. I would have given this to other animes but the swinging using their mobility gear and fighting titans still amazes me and what makes the action amazing is the weight of what they are doing - the impact, the emotions and the stakes.

Best Fantasy: Death Parade
I've never seen a concept like this. A quick view on what comes after death, while this is a fantasy, it's entertaining and story-telling is unique. One of the best short animes out there.

Best Comedy: One-Punch Man
A superhero anime with an amazing power - he can beat anyone - as the name says, in one punch.

Best Protagonist: Lelouch (Code Geass: Lelouch of Rebellion)
What a ride. This journey in the anime is one of the best ending - making Lelouch, the best protagonist.

Best Antagonist: Yhwach (Bleach: Thousand Years War Arc)
The ending of Bleach: Thousand Years War Arc made this guy an interesting antagonist. 


My 2022 anime tier list.

AAA
Steins;Gate
Clannad - Clannad: After Story
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Bleach
Bleach: Thousand Years War Arc
Code Geass: Lelouch of Rebellion 
Demon Slayer: Entertainment District Arc
Attack On Titan: Final Season part 2
Chainsaw Man
Kaguya-sama: Love is War
Tokyo Revengers
Aoi Bungaku 
Devilman Crybaby
Spy x Family

BBB
Mob Psycho 100 I
One-Punch Man
Assassination Classroom
Blue Spring Ride
Mieruko-Chan
Beastars
Id: Invaded
Death Parade
Fruits Basket
Parasyte: The Maxim
Psycho-Pass
Horimiya

CCC
Cells at Work!
Darling in a Franxx
Rust Eater Bisco

On-Going:
One Piece
Mob Psycho 100 III
SPY x FAMILY Cour 2
My Hero Academia Season 6

//AnimeList2022
//sebajisoka

No comments: