Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2023

Anime Figure Collection

I'm 30 years old and I started watching anime in 2020 and started collecting anime figures in 2022. This is quite expensive but it was fun. 


When did you start collecting?

I received my first figure on March 1, 2022. 

How do you start collecting?

It was a budol from my brother. I never really thought of collecting at the time but it turns out that his girlfriend started her collection and is trying to switch things up with her anime collection and sold me her figure. 

First Anime Figure you had.

Maximatic Tanjiro from Demon Slayer.


Latest Anime Figure you purchased.

Solid and Souls | Kurosaki Ichigo
I purchased this months ago and it's from Japan, it arrived before the year ends. 

Do you think you're addicted to figure collecting?

Yes. In a matter of months, I needed one glass cab after another. This is probably because I'm longing for anime merch to fulfill my love for anime. I'm thinking of Tees, wallets, or any merch that I can buy, but I'm unable to buy one - I think that shirts will fade and rip apart one day but I realized that anime figure is the best one for me.

Favorite figure manufacturers?

Good Smile Company, Banpresto

Do you own a figure from the first anime you ever watched? if so show!

Banpresto | Vibration Stars | Naruto and Sasuke kid version.

I watched several animes since I was a kid but I do not remember finishing one. I often play than watch during those days. But the pandemic in 2020, I opted to finish my childhood anime, Naruto. 

Figure that you own that you got the worst deal on (aka paid too much)

Glitter and Glamour | Demon Slayer | Nezuko Kamado

I purchased this to complete my Demon Slayer set. I know really little about anime figures at the time and I purchased this for around Php 750 - the current value is around Php 450. Sad.

Figure that you own that you got the best deal on (aka paid too little)

BANDAI Figuarts ZERO NARUTO Shippuden Jiraiya Kizuna

I purchased this through Carousel. I found a collector selling his collection to buy some PlayStation games, he sells his collection at a way low price, and no one buys it because the price range is similar to the bootleg counterpart. I took the risk and became friends with the dude.

I purchased this for Php 1200 loose with no base. Current value? Around Php 5k

Do you associate any figures with a song? show the song and the fig

Good Smile Company | Pop-up Parade | Your Name Figure set 
Taki Tachibana and Mitsuha Miyamizu.

Song: Sparkle by Radwimps

It has to be, right?

A character you love you wish had a figure or more figures.

I do not own this as I do not like the style and I'm not into articulating figures. But I wish to have more Rui Tachibana/Domestic Girlfriend anime figures.


Do you like buying newly available figs, pre-owned, or pre-ordering?

I'm into pre-ordering and pre-owned. It's either a new release or old and used. Hahaha!

Figure you love that you just always forget about

Vibration Stars | Rock Lee

Most expensive figure

Naruto Uzumaki | Six-paths Sage Mode.
Cheapest figure

Chizuru Mizuhara
Main anime that you collect

Vibration Stars | Naruto and Hinata

Mostly Naruto Vibration Stars line.

Favorite Figure

Soul-Entered | Kurosaki Ichigo

This is not my most favorite as I do have a lot of favorite figures. But this is my 1st figure from Bleach and my 2nd figure from the Big Three. I love the details and the matte effect on Ichigo's Kimono. The figure is small and very detailed, I love the posing as well. 

Figure that you regret buying

Maximatic Tanjiro | Glitters and Glamours Nezuko | Grandista Zenitsu and Inosuke

This is probably the complete set of misfits that I have. I'm not that big on Demon Slayer, the figures are great. I love the detail but it's not my style. I purchased this at a time and I do not know what I like yet, I just want this to be completed. I would rather trade this for a Vibration Star set. 

Figures that I look forward this 2023

Dioramatic Itachi. 

That's all for now. I might update this if an interesting question pops up.

//AnimeFigureCollection2022
//sebajisoka

No comments: