Pages

Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Dororo


Dororo 
24 Episodes 
Duration: 24 min/ep
Theme: Action, Adventure, Drama, Martial Arts, Shounen, Supernatural, Demons
Rating: ★★★★★★★★☆☆

Dororo has been on my watchlist for a while, I don't even remember where this recommendation is from but the review was amazing, so I added it to my list. 

It's really fast to pick up the anime when you started it. While watching, I saw some similarities with a classic anime favorite, Inuyasha. Probably because it is set in the Feudal Japan period and there are monsters as enemies. Ugly enemies that do not really memorable. 

Dororo is a remake of the original series of the same name. Adapted from the manga series by Osamu Tezuka, creator of the famous Astro Boy. 

Here, we follow the story of Dodoro and Hyakkimaru in the journey of defeating demons and finding Hyakkimaru's body, while uncovering the mystery of his condition. We ride along with them witnessing some brutality of the past, from wars, revenge, prostitution, and sacrifice. 

This show is dark. 

It's an interesting watch. Definitely should be on your watch list. 

 Humans and bugs, they’re all the same. Life is life – Yajiro

//Dororo
//sebajisoka

No comments: