Pages

Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Lycoris Recoil


Lycoris Recoil 
13 Episodes 
Duration: 24 min/ep
Theme: Action, Slice of Life
Rating: ★★★★★★★★☆☆

Lycoris Recoil is about Japan's secret agents. They are the ones responsible for the peace that Japan is experiencing, they eliminate threats with grace and discreetness. We watch the story of tragedy, redemption, and value. 

We follow 2 of the main characters, Chisato and Takina, which have amazing dynamics even from the start. Different people with different stories and values. 

The show's theme is a slice of life, which is accurate, but there are also action scenes that are well integrated. It's no wonder that this anime won Crunchyroll's Best Original Anime of the Year in 2022. 

I regret watching it this late but it's worth watching it now. The concept is interesting, and while I wish they explore more of their adventures while undercover, the overall experience is outstanding. 

I love how they focus on the job of the girls, of how skilled they can be. 

The build-up is smooth, the pacing is great for a Slice of Life anime and I'm already looking for a figure. 

Incidents become accidents, and tragedies become inspiring stories
- Chisato Nishikigi
//LycorisRecoil 
//sebajisoka

No comments: