Pages

Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Vinland Saga

Vinland Saga
2 Seasons
24 Episodes per season 
Duration: 25 min/ep
Theme: Action, Adventure, Drama, Seinen
Rating: ★★★★★★★★★☆



This anime is not on my watch list until recently. I stumbled upon an anime podcast and they said that this show is probably one of the best - of all time. 

The anime is a stranger to me. Never heard of it until that time. Since I don't have any anime to watch yet, I ignore my watch list and set this as my priority. Man, this is really good. 

The show is about the journey of a boy in a messed-up world during the war. You could imagine the fear and the gruesomeness of the theme and the anime did very well in telling us probably a really accurate representation of the war. 

The overall theme of the show is revenge. While there are some slow episodes, I can honestly tell you that it took me more days than usual to finish the anime because it seems like there's no happening, I'm talking about the second season. The first season is full of fights and incredible battles. But season 2 is about development, and they took time developing our hero.

It is well written, and it will all make sense to the end. 

I really like lots of elements in the show, I appreciate the incorporation of belief - particularly Christianity. I'm really impressed by how they portray bible verses in different situations and the response of the people is really accurate. Not all will appreciate the bible, but there are people who religiously read it, there are those who interpret it wrongly and there are also people that listen from afar and believe in it. 

From the start, we were introduced to the theme of the show.  It swayed to different paths but little did we know that it will lead us back from the start. 

What an anime.
I must rely on a sword like this because I am not yet a master. A true warrior doesn’t need a sword. ~Thors

//VinlandSaga
//sebajisoka

No comments: