One of the things I never expected as a first-time parent was how excited I would get over a school art exhibit.
When the school announced that they were having an Art Exhibit, Jassiee and I were already looking forward to it. We wanted to see Kean's artwork. Honestly, I was expecting cute drawings and a little bit of messiness.
When we arrived, the school looked completely different.
The usual classrooms and hallway were transformed into a gallery filled with artwork made by the kids. Everywhere we looked, there were paintings, drawings, and crafts. It was amazing to see how much effort the teachers and the school put into setting everything up.
As we walked around, I noticed something even more beautiful than the artwork itself. Kean was so happy and I can see that he's proud of his work and admiring others' work at the same time.
His eyes lit up the moment he entered. He immediately grabbed our hands and started pulling us to show us the artworks. He couldn't stay in one place. He was running around, pointing at different works and finding his own.
Seeing his excitement was my favorite part of the exhibit.
Of course, I smiled when I saw his artwork. As parents, we spend so much time teaching our kid different things. We guide them, correct them, and help them learn.
But things like this made me tear up a bit, my kid is growing into his own person. He has his own idea (He always say I have an idea when he's about to do something out of what he is currently doing). We noticed that he has his own creativity already when he is playing.
We were just expecting some artworks made by my kid, but amazingly enough, the art that was showcased is Kean's reaction to his work, that face he made showing how proud he was in creating them.
That's the art exhibit that I saw through.
No comments:
Post a Comment