It was just a random Saturday.
We were at home watching a movie when suddenly my in-laws asked us to join them on a visit to a relative in Caloocan.
I don't usually write blogs about this kind of thing, but this one was crazy, at least for me.
We had absolutely no plans that day. One moment we were relaxing at home, and the next thing I knew, we were driving from the south all the way to the north. We spent more on toll fees than we normally would, burned through more gas than expected, prepared food for the trip, almost got lost a few times, and got stuck in some seriously crazy traffic.
Honestly, it was a mess. But it was the fun kind of mess. Jassiee and I were laughing the whole time.
I guess this is what happens when you have a car. A simple Saturday can suddenly turn into an unexpected road trip.
What I remember most, though, wasn't the traffic, the toll fees, or even the long drive.
It was the moment we arrived.
After all the chaos, we were welcomed with a warm hug from the celebrant. You know those hugs that don't feel forced and you know that it's sincere.
At that moment, all the stress from the trip disappeared.
No comments:
Post a Comment