Pages

Monday, December 2, 2019

Life Lesson from flying a drone

So, I recently presented my Passion in the Human Project, TaskUs' version of a salary increase. Basically, what they did is they give you a salary increase base on your performance and if you presented a valid passion or purpose, it has a kicker. This is to help you fuel that passion and purpose. 

It's a support for improving yourself and for doing good to the community. My presentation was 2 months ago and, I already received the increase.


But there's this one thing that one of the panels asked me. She asked me what did I learn from flying a drone, aside from the technicals. I told them that I received a new perspective on life. I didn't elaborate fully by what I meant but since we're on my blog, let me. 

Flying a drone and watching the camera pans everywhere is quite a cinematic and life-changing view for me. You see, I've been taking pictures for a while now, from micro to macro, from high to low angle but I never really taken anything from above, looking down. 

That gives me a new set of ideas and a refreshing view of things because sometimes we see and look at things on a daily basis and we thought that we've known everything about it. 

It goes the same with the person you love. The time will come that we'll get used to them and their presence. But when we started to view things differently, looking at the things that we don't normally seek and before you know it, we're being amazed by those new discoveries. 

It's not a different person but we're looking at the same person from a different angle.

Another thing that I learned is realizing that we're tiny people, small people trying to do things and trying to survive. We encounter problems and struggle with life. Then I thought to myself, how does God view these things, these small people roaming around. 

I believe that God is huge and far. He's so big that there's nothing that He can't do and He sees things from afar. But I also believe that He's small God and He is close to our hearts. 

Why did I include God here? Well, because of what I call "God's View", it's a drone's camera representing God's eye looking at us. In His eyes, we're small but He sees everything. He knows what's happening in our world and in our lives. He is also close to us and He understands.




//LifeLessonFromFlyingADrone
//sebajisoka

No comments: