Let me share some insights and revelation about parting of the sea.
I'm pretty fascinated with Bible stories that include the sea or any water in that sense. 2 of my favorite stories are when Jesus walks on water (Matthew 14:22-36; Mark 6:45-56; John 6:16-24) and when He calms the storm (Matthew 8:23–27, Mark 4:35–41, and Luke 8:22–25.).
I watched a YouTube video summarizing the book of Joshua. It was mentioned that Joshua did something Moses has done in the past, like teaching them the Torah, sending spies to the promised land, and the parting of the sea. I realized that the old testament is about parting the sea but I don't remember a significant story about the new testament parting of the sea, the new testament is about walking over the sea.
Now, I'm wondering that does it mean? Why does God stop parting the sea? Both goals are to pass through it. But I think this is pretty significant for some reason. Well, this morning, while listening to preaching for our Sunday Service, God revealed something to me and makes my whole morning in goosebump.
In the Old Testament, people pass through waters to go on the other side. The water can symbolize a dead-end. In Moses' narrative its a hindrance from passing through, it can cause death over his people. In the New Testament - The water here symbolizes death. Jesus walking on water is a picture of His grand victory over death. Peter walking on water is God's gift of salvation - that we don't need to fear the storm over us as it has been overcome.
From Old Testament to New Testament. From avoiding death to overcoming death.
Jesus did it.
//DeadlyWaters
//sebajisoka
No comments:
Post a Comment