Perfect Blue
Date aired: Feb 28, 1998
Duration: 81 min
Movie
Genres: Drama, Horror, Psychological, Thriller, Avant Garde
Rating: ★★★★★★★★★☆
This is an old anime that has been sitting on my watchlist for a while. The only reason that I picked this up is because, I'm assigned to take care of our baby, and to entertain myself, I wanted to watch something. However, I'm only halfway through an anime I've been watching and want to finish one now, so a movie is perfect.
Perfect Blue is the first one to appear on my watchlist. I started the movie with no idea of what was coming. I didn't watch the trailer or read the synopsis.
It opened up to a Power Ranger type of play with a classic anime art style. I had no issues with it but I expect good things when they animate it this way. Things are slowly building up to something, there's a lot of premonition.
Then, we went to the climax, and boy, I'm confused. It's beautifully put together, yes it's confusing and yes, that's what made this show great. It plays with your mind, makes you think, and fools you.
You thought you already knew everything all along but it's all a lie. It's an illusion.
//PerfectBlue
//sebajisoka
No comments:
Post a Comment