I'm not sure if I shared the story of how I became a Celtics fan, I'm just going to throw it out there but I became a Celtics fan because of NBA live.
Way back in high school, I spend time playing games after class and many times I cut classes (Don't do this, kids. I'm only bragging about this because I'm a changed person). There was this one time that I'm so bored because I already played most of the games in the Internet Cafe.
Then a familiar face walked into the shop and asked me to play games with him. He suggested, NBA Live, I'm not sure what year it was but it should be around 2007 onwards. So, I agreed and we've played a game.
After a few minutes, I was mad at him for winning. I don't know any teams or players. I don't even remember that team that I chose, but I'm playing against the one who held the top spot for the 3-point career field goal as of today, Ray Allen of the Boston Celtics.
![]() |
| https://clutchpoints.com/celtics-news-ray-allen-believes-shot-join-hall-fame/ |
I watched their games, highlights and learned about everything Celtics then I found out that I bleed green. I became a die-hard Celtics fan.
But I wish I became a Celtics fan earlier, I became a fan while the Celtics in a Super Team [Had multiple Star players] and I never witnessed their recent Championship to date, the NBA Finals 2008.
I witnessed their last NBA Finals trip and I was boasting and fighting against other fans, to the point that I created this fan art.
The Celtics lost to the Lakers. It was a bad taste in Celtics fan's mouth as the Lakers is a rival but now with LeBron and Davis dominating the west, I'm so excited to see a championship run with the Celtics, while we're an underdog.
I watched them start from the bottom with a fresh start from the Big Three Era. I wanted to experience that feeling of following their games day-by-day going through the years and eventually paid off. This will be a sweet victory!
I may have not witnessed, in real-time, their 17 Championship, but I'll be there in the 18th banner.
//BleedGreen
//Celtics
//sebajisoka


No comments:
Post a Comment