I came from a local church with more or less, 300 attendees with 2 regular services at the time and it was a pretty special experience for me. Now that I'm looking back.
I attended every Sunday service and at times, we see each other on a weekend. So, it's safe to say that I grew up with them. We had tons of training for leadership, theology and some conversation that will enhance our Spiritual life. It was an empowering and amazing journey that I had.
To add to that, I was assigned to be a leader of the Church's local youth group and I attended different seminars and training in Manila. I exhorted in several prayer meetings, was asked to do special tasks for different events like outreaches, campaignings, Sunday schools, and evangelism. I was also asked to lead the youths in anniversaries and major events in the main church.
It was a pretty special moment but my favorite among all of them is when I was trying to embrace preaching and sharing the Word of God. It was the time that I fell in love with theology and the truth about what the bible said. After several "Dawn Watch", which is an early morning prayer meeting and prayer meeting at night and those fun teachings with the youth, I was assigned to preach in a Sunday Service, as the main speaker, yes! I couldn't believe that either. I enjoyed every moment from it and as a matter of fact, I still remember the topic that I shared.
But seasons come and go and things have changed, good thing that everything happens for a reason. There were rough moments but I'm forever grateful for JILCW.
Well, they just celebrated its 41st anniversary and I'll be honest that I miss going to Rizal park and celebrate with my fellow KKBs and JIL people.
Until next time.
//PrettySpecial
//sebajisoka




















No comments:
Post a Comment