Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2020

Chrono Trigger

Finally, after playing this game for countless hours. I am able to finish this. I was still very young when I learned about this game. We had a computer back then and our computer technician showcased his collection of games by installing our computer. 

There were like a hundred games installed and this is one of them and this is one of the most memorable. Me and my brother, Israel, used to play this all the time. It was our adventure to pass through time and save the world from Lavos.

The game was a port from a family computer. Sadly, there are buttons that we need to click in one of the levels and we're too young and dumb to figure out the controls. We already tried clicking on all the buttons and nothing works. 

Fast forward to 4 years ago. This game was ported to my late Lumia Phone. I was so excited and played this game for a while. I'm able to pass through the previous obstacle and I'm pretty pumped to finally finish the game. 

However, due to the phone's necessary update and the unstable Windows Phone platform. The saved items were wiped out as per the update. I'm so pissed off to try to install it again 'cause I know that it will happen again. 

But in 2018, Steam released this on the platform and I didn't install it. I have a pretty good gaming spec and I'm a little uninterested since it's pretty old and I want to maximize my computer's power.

Then, this COVID happens. I don't have a game in mind aside from GTA, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm, and NBA 2k. So, I decided to play this game and feel those feels again.

I suddenly remembered how good this game was and how it's ahead of its time. This game was released in 1995 and was created by a collaboration of different video game legends, dubbed as the "Dream Team". We had someone from the Final Fantasy Series, the Dragon Quest Series, and Dragon Ball (Yes!). For more information, you may check their Wiki page.

It's worth playing in 2020. Undoubtedly, amongst the top games of all time. Thank you, Crono, Marle, Luca, Frog, Robo, Ayla, and Magus.

Please enjoy some of the scenes from the game and some artwork below:






PS: Those are not my artworks. I found it somewhere long ago and I forgot where I got them. Credits to the owner.

//ChronoTrigger
//sebajisoka

No comments: