Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2020

Classic Computer Games



So, I saw this somewhere and was inspired to list some games that I grew up with.


Super Mario


I think this timeless classic was everyone's game that they grew up with and I believe most of us haven't finished the game. This game knows how levels really work, you know. There are several reasons why I'm not able to finish this and I'm not sure which.

One of the reasons is probably I suck at this game, did you know the feeling of having 100 lives and not being able to pass through this specific level and you ended up quitting?

Another reason is my console broke. I remember multiple times in the past that our family computer just couldn't take it and just break down. We're not rich but we tend to be wreckless having that kind of device for our childhood enjoyment. We get too excited and probably frustrated about dying in the game. 

or maybe, I just grew out of it? I don't know. 

GTA Vice City


One of the first games that I played with a real PC. This was lit back in the days. Just imagine having to explore a virtual world and not sticking on some storyline. I love those cars that I stole and throwing bombs at everybody and yes, those cheat codes. Those ThugsTools and Aspirine. THIS IS HOW YOU ENHANCE TYPING SPEED WITH UTMOST ACCURACY, play GTA!

I never really did the missions here, I just came here to throw grenades, have those nice cars, and the police car chase. And yeah, don't forget about the stunts. 

Counter-Strike


Oh high school life. These people introduced me to this very cool game about firing shots as a soldier or a terrorist. This game is massive and this game still exists up to now. So, you have to play as a team, a terrorist to have hostages and bomb planting abilities and counter-terrorist as yeah, counter a terrorist. 

It's pretty a cool game to have this bonding experience with your high school friends. All the teases and stories about this are fun. 

StarCraft


Some people play Red Alert as their go-to game for this strategic war games. Me and my brother have StarCraft. You can play with 3 types of army or races to choose from.

The Terran - Hybrid Humans
Protoss - Technological Advanced HUmaniod
and Zerg - plain alien. Hahaha

My favorite to play with is Protoss. I mean, technology is pretty cool. 


Chrono Trigger


The first time that I learned about mending the world through time. Chrono Trigger is an adventure game where you play with Crono, Luca, and Marle as they explore the world of different ages to save the world from Lavos. 

It has a classic gameplay of RPG where you take turns for an attach and this has a very interesting plot. I think everyone should play this. This is pretty old but a truly timeless - get it? Timeless? Because the team works with time and.. oh forget it. 

This is also the first game that I've played with that introduced the concept of jobs in RPG games. You have Chrono as the Swordsman, Luca as the Gunner, and Marle as the Archer and it gets better when you reach the part where they learned about magic and their elements.

I'm actually playing this now. I take time to finish this but I'm absorbing it all.  


Those are the games that I grew up with. What are yours?


//ClassicComputerGames
//sebajisoka

No comments: