Is I'm not quite ready to let go of this past year
I have so much to show
One more month and all I need
Is a sign from you, that you think of me
If you don't, then please just say so
'Cause all I do, is think of you
It's wearing me out, it's wearing me down
This holiday, is nothing but frowns for me
But I've got a gift, you see
I'm making a list, hell, I'll check it twice
Of all the things you've done in my life
Then I'll send it your way
So you see why I love you
♫ 30 Days ♪ Never Shout Never ♫
Did You Know
Historical accounts proved that 200 years earlier before Ferdinand Magellan discovered the Philippines, Christmas was already being celebrated in the place.
The Friday and Saturday before Christmas are the two busiest shopping days of the year.
The first US state that recognized Christmas as an official holiday is Alabama.
The word Christmas is Old English, a contraction of Christ's Mass.
If you received all of the gifts in the song "The Twelve Days of Christmas," you would receive 364 gifts.
No one knows the real birthday of Jesus! No date is given in the Bible, so why do we celebrate it on the 25th December? The early Christians certainly had many arguments as to when it should be celebrated! Also, the birth of Jesus probably didn't happen in the year 1AD but slightly earlier, somewhere between 2BC and 7BC (there isn't a 0AD - the years go from 1BC to 1AD!).
The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336AD in the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine (he was the first Christian Roman Emperor). A few years later Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on the 25th December.
There are many different theories as to why Christmas is celebrated on December 25th. A very early Christian tradition said that the day when Mary was told that she would have a very special baby, Jesus. (This is called the Annunciation) was on March 25th - and it's still celebrated today on the 25th March. Nine months after the 25th March is the 25th December! March 25th was also the day some some early Christians thought the world had been made and also the day that Jesus died on when he was an adult.
Xmas vs Christmas
Christmas is also sometimes called Xmas. Some people don't think it's correct to call Christmas 'Xmas' as that takes the 'Christ' (Jesus) out of Christmas. But that is not quite right! In the Greek language and alphabet, the letter that looks like an X is the Greek letter chi / Χ (pronounced 'kye' - it rhymes with 'eye') which is the first letter of the Greek word for Christ, Christos.
_________________________________________________________
it doesn't even matter what you have read above. the true meaning of Christmas for me is LOVE. why? because CHRISTMAS is NOTHING if GOD doesn't SENT His Only Begotten Son on Earth to pay the terrible punishment for all man-kind. for HE loves US, He gave HIS SON to DIE for US.
Have a Meaningful Christmas season everyone. God loves US. so we should love HIM back. and after loving HIM back, love every person in the surface of the planet. God Bless.. :D


No comments:
Post a Comment