Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Judgementer

A week ago, I rode this tricycle after long hours of work in the office. It was around 12:30an to 1am, the driver is a 50-ish man with a very old and seems scrappy tricycle. 

I was excited to go home to rest but while on the road I'm doing my stuff on my phone, checking the list of things that I should do once I arrived home and preparing for the fare. I noticed that the driver is acting weird, he's stomping the breaks repeatedly while we're alone in the road, he's driving very slow and he's out of the lane. I was annoyed, thinking that the driver might be sleepy or drunk but I remained patient until I reached my destination, home. 

Yesterday, I came across the same driver. Same old 50-ish man with a scrappy tricycle and has the same way of driving, stomping the breaks repeatedly and driving very slow. His driving really irritates me.

You know, his tricycle is slightly covered by tarpaulins, but then the rain started to pour out - and it changes the way I see him. 

He parked the vehicle on the side of the road and picked tools from his box and fix the covers. A few minutes passed by and there's no progress, I see the struggle in his face and at the moment I realized that I'm being serviced by one of the most caring drivers in town. 

I noticed that he's soaking wet and he still make sure that I'm not going to be wet as well even if I told him multiple times that I'm all good. He didn't care about his own because he got someone to take care of. I realized that he's the only one who did that, other drivers just drive fast to my destination to avoid the rain. 

I felt sadness over what happened. I felt the guilt of judging him. This scenario made me realize a lot of things, including the thought that this man is driving late at night to provide to his family despite his age and condition and my judgment, is evil and unfair. He doesn't deserve this.

I say a little blessing before leaving the tricycle. I presented my warm appreciation of what he did and paid a little extra. 

//Judgementer
//sebajisoka

No comments: